Healthy Hair Test:
- Run your fingers through your hair. Do you feel roughness or unevenness?
- Check your hair strands. Are any of them bent?
- Slightly pull on your hair. Does it feel elastic like a hair band? Does is break?
If you answered yes to any of the above, your hair is screaming for attention.
When you feel roughness or unevenness through your hair, it means that your cuticles are coming out on the surface. Bent strands mean you don't have enough moisture in your hair. And if your strands are breaking or too elastic, that means your hair's becoming weaker.
What causes hair damage?
- Perm, color and even sweat
- UV rays
- Hair straighteners, curling irons and blow-dryers
- Too much friction caused by shampooing and brushing your hair
All of these factors make your hair cuticles to fall out, causing all the nutritious substance to fall out as well.
How to treat your damaged hair
The first step in treatment starts from reconditioning the inside of your hair.
Use hair treatment to replenish the lost nutrition. Bring your hair pH level back to normal by using amino acid shampoos. Also, make sure you use a towel to absorb most of the moisture from your hair before using a hair dryer and apply a leave-in treatment to protect your hair from blow-drying heat.
There you have it! You're on your way to shiny healthy hair!
Photo Credit: Skincare-Univ